Wednesday, October 6, 2010

An Oldie But Goodie

I am a casual gamer, but lately I have been obssessed with finding the games of my youth. My first system was an NES, but I really got addicted to my Super Nintendo. Something about those 16bit characters just keeps me coming back. I remember when StarFox was leading the way in graphics with it's SuperFX chip. Andross never seemed more real than coming at you in 3D. Although, I never understood why a boss in a space flight game was a big face controlled by a monkey that spit glowing bathroom tiles at you. Anyway, about a year ago I got my hands on one of my old favorites: Battle Toads BattleManiacs.

I have played it a couple of times but I still haven't gotten past the third level. You know the one. You are just riding along peacefully and pillars appear in front of your hover bike. Suddenly, you crash and become Frog Leg soup on the side of the screen.

 (I know this is from the NES version of the game, but I will post my triumphant SNES screen shot when I beat the level.)

Well, I have decided enough is enough. I am making a pledge to beat Battle Toads Battle Maniacs third level. I know it can be done. I have seen it done on YouTube so it must be possible. I am going to master the speed bike and beat this level.

The challenge I am setting up for myself, is to beat this game by the end of October. I will play this game at least once everyday until I pass the 3rd level. I will check in here to let you know how my progress is going. Wish those brave Battle Toads good luck, it has been a while since I have been on a bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment